pspp-users

PSPP on CentOS

From: John Darrington
Subject: PSPP on CentOS
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 06:30:53 +0100

I may have understood this wrong, but I thought that CentOS was a "downstream"
of Redhat Fedora.  I see that PSPP 0.8.5 (the latest release) is already
packaged
for Fedora - See https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/pspp

So presumably it ought to be in CentOS too.  Or have I misunderstood something?

J'

        I think it's no more complex than PSPP having library requirements that
        CentOS 6 will never meet (without developer-level efforts). We can also
        see that PSPP's requirements are accelerating away from CentOS 6.  Here
        are the details:

        *./confgure on pspp-0.8.5 produces:*

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3