pspp-users

Re: install pspp 0.10.x on lunux

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: install pspp 0.10.x on lunux
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 13:43:16 -0500

Rob,

Are you trying to make a git pull or a release (tarball)?  I don't know what the differences are, but making a git pull is said to be more complex, so I'd recommend getting a release (http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/pspp/).

I'm not sure that you can compile recent PSPP on CentOS 6, but I think you need to install: libxml2, libxml2-devel, gsl, gsl-devel, and possibly blas, blas-devel.  I determined these with the command

$ yum search XXX

where XXX was the things that configure wants.

-Alan