pspp-users

Re: install pspp 0.10.x on lunux

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: install pspp 0.10.x on lunux
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 14:38:15 -0500

On 10/28/2016 2:27 PM, John Darrington wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 07:21:35PM +0000, Will Farmer wrote:
>      After having read the file, it was not the most clear for a
> non-programmer. Alan was able to get me on the right track, so I appreciate
> that very much.
>

> It is supposed to be very simple and very easy to follow.  If it isn't that
> is a bug.
>
> Can you please tell us what you thought was unclear about it?  I'd like to
> fix this.

It sounded to me like the issue was CentOS/RHEL specific... About how
they split off the headers as *-devel packages. It's a common mistake
people make.  I believe you've mentioned it on-list in the past.

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
functions on fire in a copy of Orion.
I watched C-Sharp glitter in the dark near a programmable gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like Ruby... on... Rails... Time for Pi.

          --"The Register" user Alister, applying the famous
            "Blade Runner" speech to software development