pspp-users

Re: install pspp 0.10.x on lunux

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: install pspp 0.10.x on lunux
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 21:43:08 +0200

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 07:33:54PM +0000, Will Farmer wrote:
     I believe I probably mis-spoke on the difficulty of the document, John.

     It really boils down to, as I re-read and look at it, that I didn't have
the proper pre-requisites installed. I installed the regular install packages,
not development, and it looks like since my box wasn't really set up for
development (it was a minimal install with very little added until it was
necessary), that is probably the root of 95% of my problem.  As soon as I
installed the devel packages, things have moved right along until

Yes.  If you are using an operating system such as redhat or debian which
packages "devel"
packages those are what you need.

     I got to my next part which is that I need the automake and autoconfig
etc. installed. Again, I didn't set up any development side items, choosing
rather to rely on yum to install things regularly.

In order to build pspp, you need neither automake nor autoconf.  Those things
are strictly for
developers.  If you haven't changed anything they won't be ncessary.  Please
note, that if
you *did* change somehing and therefore *do* need autoconf/automake then you
must get the right
versions.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3