pupa-devel

Re: Ext2 bugfixes

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Ext2 bugfixes
Date: 08 Nov 2003 18:16:39 +0100

Jeroen Dekkers <address@hidden> writes:

> Here are some bugfixes for ext2, the previous patch is included. The
> patch and changelog should say enough.

Thanks for your patch.

> Jeroen Dekkers
>
> 2003-11-08  Jeroen Dekkers  <address@hidden>
>
>       * fs/ext2.c (pupa_ext2_read_file): Only set skipfirst for the
>       first block. Return -1 instead of pupa_errno on error.

You are right about this.

>       (pupa_ext2_open): Check if data isn't null before calling pupa_free.
>       (pupa_ext2_dir): Likewise.

I see no reason for this.  pupa_free won't do a thing when data is null.

> 2003-10-30  Jeroen Dekkers  <address@hidden>
>
>       * fs/ext2.c (struct pupa_ext2_inode): Declare struct datablocks
>       as blocks.
>       (pupa_ext2_get_file_block): Use blocks member.

I should have done this in the first place but I didn't have gcc 2.95
around.  Have you tried to compile this on gcc 2.95?  Did you test
this patch before sending it in (by booting GNU/Linux from ext2fs for
example)?

I can apply this patch tomorrow (excluding the pupa_free change and
with both changelog entries merged), if that is ok for both you and
Okuji.  If I don't hear a thing I will just commit it.

Thanks,
Marco