pupa-devel

Re: Ext2 bugfixes

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: Ext2 bugfixes
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 23:19:56 +0100

On Saturday 08 November 2003 21:13, Marco Gerards wrote:
> AFAIK free works like this, no need to add such check to util/misc.c.
> On my GNU/Linux system this is explained in "man 3 free",
> unfortunately I can't find any information about this in the glibc
> manual.  IMHO util/misc.c should be changed if it doesn't work
> correctly.

I agree. In ANSI C, free is defined as it is safe to call free with a NULL
pointer.

FYI, libc-like functions in PUPA follows ANSI C standards normally (unlike
GRUB). The main difference is that PUPA uses a bit different strategy for
error handling. So, you can expect that they behave mostly in the same way as
ANSI C functions. If you find anything incompatible, let me know. Then I can
fix it, unless I have a good reason why it is not compatible.

Okuji