pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Complete rewrite of the mainwin module

From: Julien Olivier
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Complete rewrite of the mainwin module
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:23:53 +0100

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 10:34, NICOLOVICI Xavier wrote:
> Good, thanks Juliem, I will install your patch against my development tree
> and commit changes.
>
> My dev tree has also evolved a lot as I'm coding the saving feature for the
> Cron system. I've been also forced to make some changes to various classes
> definitions and implementations. Hope there is not too much conflict with
> your patch, if not, my responsability to solve conflicts ;-)

OK, thanks for that.

> Ok, there is something that I did not look at, is the Scheduler widgets pane
> of the Scheduler property. Do you have already think about a design for that
> Julien?

I've thought of about a bit.

There are 2 options:

 1) Whether we present a table of checkboxes for each minute, hour, day,
month and weekday and let users check the ones they want. This would
also have a "[X] recurrent" checkbox. This is ugly and cluttered, but it
covers all the options.

 2) Or, we use pre-defined templates, like "Every [Monday | Tuesday |
Wednesday | Thursday...]", "Every [ ]th day of the month", "Every day at
[ ]:[ ]", and "On the [  ]/[  ] at [  ]:[  ]  - [Once | Each year]".

 3) Or, we use the templates in 2), and we add another template called
"custom". If you select custom, it lets you choose your schedule using
the checkboxes mentioned in 1)

I think 3) is the best solution.

What do you think ? Do you like those templates ? Would you like
more/different templates ?

> For information, I've added a new status to Scheduler objects, the recurrence
> one. Then, if a Scheduler is recurrent, then it will map to the Cron system,
> and if it's not, then it will map to At. What do u think? If you feel OK with
> that, the Scheduler widget should reflect this state with something like a
> checkbox, I think.

See my answer above.

> One remark, if the Scheduler is inactive (no matter if it's recurrent or
> not), it will be saved into a PyAtCron RC file. That way, we are able to
> store inactive task without adding comments or stuff like that in Cron system
> files.

OK, but where will the RC file be saved ? We have to ensure it's never
lost.

--
Julien Olivier <address@hidden>