qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] w2k install problem & interesting progress ...

From: Sebastien Bechet
Subject: [Qemu-devel] w2k install problem & interesting progress ...
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 18:30:00 +0200

> Update always crashes IE now.  Also, when I download SP4 from MS directly, it
> crashes trying to install it.  My version of Win2k has an integrated SP1, and
> installed without problems.  Anyone have any different experiences?

I can confirm the problem.
Here is my own test with qemu 0.5.4 (not qemu-fast) :

** m$ products :

w95 w/ usb support
------------------
floppy : ok
ide : ok
cdrom : no
sb : ?
network : ?
install : ok without cdrom (only hd)
comment :

w98se
-----
floppy : ok
ide : ok
cdrom : ok
sb :
network :
install : ok without cdrom (only hd)
comment :

w2ksp1
------
floppy :
ide : ok
cdrom : ok
sb : no
network : ok but problem installing sp4 with windowsupdate
install : ok
comment :

w2ksp3
------
floppy :
ide :
cdrom :
sb :
network :
install : impossible (hard disk full, msgina.dll ...)
comment :

wxp
---
dono

** apple products :

openfirmware : ?
reallyfreefirmware : (where it is ? ...)
macos x : anyday
darwin :

** bsd products :

freebsd:
openbsd :
netbsd:

** linux products :

** be products :
** ibm products :

Maybe this table can be useful on wiki for each qemu version
and cvs current. Your opinion ?

Bye.

--
Sebastien Bechet <address@hidden>