qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: win2k installation: times

From: Matthew Mastracci
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: win2k installation: times
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 08:47:20 -0600

Jim C. Brown wrote:

P.S. I have the Synaptic specifications downloaded. I can start writing the
qemu support, once I figure out how the PS/2 mouse is emulated.

It would probably be easier to add a command to the emulated mouse to switch
from reporting relative position to absolute position. This would need a
custom guest driver to use absolute positioning though. :/
The Synaptics touchpad has a special register sequence that switches it to absolute-reporting mode. The bonus of doing it this way is that Linux/XFree86-based operating systems get free absolute positioning support (the kernel PS/2 layer has touchpad support built in). Windows is the only tricky part of this implementation.

Matt.