qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] QEMU version 0.5.5

From: Misty De Meo
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] QEMU version 0.5.5
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 15:32:55 -0300

Curiously, Windows 98 will no longer install for me in the new version. I've tried to install using QEMU's mkcow utility and Bochs' bximage, but neither works. Windows setup refuses to recognize the CD while formatting; it tells me to insert the Windows CD, even though it's already in. If I format the hard drive using fdisk, it tries to scan the registry, displays the error message "Windows Setup requires 7340032 bytes available on your C drive" and then simply repeats lines of / over and over until I quit QEMU. I've tried this with flat hard drive images of 512MB and 1024MB as well as a COW image of 1024MB. I'm using a PowerPC processor as host.

~ Misty

MSN Premium includes powerful parental controls and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines