qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU version 0.5.5

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU version 0.5.5
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 12:41:54 +0200

David Woodhouse wrote:
On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 17:07 +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

version 0.5.5:
  - ARM load/store half word fix (Ulrich Hecht)

How well is this expected to work on ARM? With 0.5.5 I can at least now
run a static busybox, but not dynamically linked binaries.

This is with glibc 2.3.2 -- the latest file system from handhelds.org.

With the dynamically linked ARM binaries on the QEMU web site, it works, so it may be an FPU related bug or a bug in an ARM instruction which was not used in the binary I used. It can also be a syscall problem.

The simplest way to debug is to recompile the libc and the dynamic linker and to insert "printf" (or write syscalls) at the right place. If you have the time and all the needed tools, the bug should be easy to track.

Fabrice.