qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems

From: vaise
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:19:09 +0100

Well, qemu does not need to be DirectX compatible, but the Windows driver
inside Qemu has to be, if we want to use 3D acceleration.

Windows can totally change from A to Z, qemu will remain the same ! Write
once, run always (except for Palladium maybe)
but the drivers will have to be re-written.

Neither VMware or Win4lin have inplemented Direct3D. We can do best work than
them ! ?