qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: WINE with QEMU on PPC

From: Wim Vanderbauwhede
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: WINE with QEMU on PPC
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:55:37 +0100

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 13:36, Sander Nagtegaal wrote:
> -Put them in the target platform directory (mine is /home/ARCHS/rh_x86)
> -Install the rpm's using rpm2cpio and cpio:
> e.g.
> $ rpm2cpio ash-0.3.8-8.i386.rpm | cpio -idv
>
> Just a small question. Can I give the target platform directory any name I
> want? And then just change the dir? Or does it have to be a /ARCHS/rh_x86
> type of directory?
It can be any name you like. I just mentioned the name I gave because it
also occurs in the config file.

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 14:35, Sander Nagtegaal wrote:
> groff: error while loading shared libraries:
> /home/azrael/Emulation/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: ELF file data encoding not
> big-endian
>
> Another thing is that when I now run a "man **** " command it gives errors.
> All my man pages are not working anymore.........maybe some declare path is
> wrong?

I'm afraid that's normal: your LD_LIBRARY_PATH now points to the x86
libraries. If you just open a new terminal window, and run "man" there,
that should be OK.
To avoid this kind of problem, I put my qemu-specific commands in shell
scripts. The "declare" statements are only valid within the enviroment
of the script, not outside it.

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 14:26, Sander Nagtegaal wrote:
> address@hidden Emulation]$ qemu-i386 -L /home/azrael/Emulation
> /home/azrael/Emulation/usr/bin/wineserver
> qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - exiting
>
> That's what I got trying to run winserver. What could be the problem?

The wineserver error is a different issue. What qemu are you using? I am
now using qemu-0.5.5, and wine-20040505; before, I used qemu-0.5.3 and
wine-20040309.
I have glibc-2.3.3 and I use gcc-3.3.2 for building.
But I'm just a user, segfaults in qemu is something for the real
qemu-guru's.

Cheers,

Wim