qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] New BIOS for Mac PPC target.

From: J. Mayer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] New BIOS for Mac PPC target.
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:27:45 +0200

Hello all,

I just put a new BIOS version available for Mac PPC target.

http://site.voila.fr/jmayer/OpenHackWare/index.htm

Current status:
* NetBSD booter loads but fails: some
   needed OF methods are missing.
* OpenBSD booter cannot run because it's a
   gzipped ELF file.
* Darwin 7.01 doesn't run: unknown or
   miss-loaded file format.
* Darwin 6.02 and OpenDarwin 6.6.1 seem
   not to like the OF tree as it's shown.
* Darwin 1.41 & MacOS X 10.2 boot but fail
   to read the CDROM.
* Linux debian woody, debian 3.0-r1, gentoo
   live CDROM, gentoo install CDROM, knopix
   and Mandrake 9.1 start: yaboot is loaded
   but fails to go on.
* MacOS 9 and log restauration CDROMs
   claim they want Apple Copyright.
* MacOS hw check CDROM won't boot for
   now.

Still a lot of work to do, but this version may allow MacOS X boot
process debug. I just checked that OS X 10.2 starts and stops,
complaining it can't access the CDROM.

Waiting for reports, comments, suggestions...

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized