qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Win2K Problems, qemu crashes host system

Subject: [Qemu-devel] Win2K Problems, qemu crashes host system
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:46:26 +0200

Hi, I have still problems installing Win2k in qemu 0.5.5 and 0.6.0. In the middle
of the installation, my computer freezes completely. I think that it is a
problem with the X-Server, I can improve the situation by switching to the
test-console while Win2k installs.
When I try to watch the installation, it hangs in the middle of transferring
the files in the blue text-based installer, and the resulting installation
does not boot.
When I switch to textmode after starting the installation, it survives the
text-based installation, and hangs when it displays the timezone selection.
The installation is bootable, but it sometimes boots a bit, and sometimes
hangs with the windows message about pressing F8 to choose boot options.
I am running a SuSE 9.1, with Linux 2.6.5, and trying to install Win2k
Professional. The commandline: qemu -hda hda -cdrom /dev/cdrecorder -boot d

My X-Server:
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The XFree86 Project, Inc
vendor release number:    40399902
XFree86 version: 4.3.99.902
The behaviour is reproducable, so if you need any more details, just tell me
which.
Many greetings,
Philipp Gühring