qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] x86_64 support

From: Andrew Wilkinson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] x86_64 support
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:33:56 +0000

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 02:24:11 +0100, Fabrice Bellard <address@hidden> wrote:
> With the patches I just commited the x86_64 target should be much more
> usable. Moreover, QEMU should now compile correctly on x86_64 hosts.

Hi,

I'd just like to report that QEMU does now compile on my AMD64
machine, and the i386-softmmu target does run. I can't complete an
install of Windows 2000 however, I get BSODs
(PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) during the second stage of the install.
I don't know if this is a specific problem with QEMU or QEMU on x86_64
however.

Keep up the good work!
Cheers,
Andrew Wilkinson