qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] gtk2 driver

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] gtk2 driver
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 23:10:26 +0200

Otherwise, just use plain X11 calls to change resolution (via XRandr or via
Xvidmode). The problem being always to properly 'align' this window to be
the only one on screen.

This is also doable, but it is less portable (e.g. it wouldnt work on Windows).

Either of these approaches mean moving away from pure GTK/GDK. Fabrice hasn't
explained why, but he has made it clear that he wants the Linux to use GTK.
Also, I'd prefer not to use X11 in the gtk driver in the hopes of keeping it
Windows compatible.

If GTK cannot support correct full screen output, then it is perfectly acceptable to do direct X11 calls thru DGA/Xvidmode for example. Using SDL for full screen is possible too, but I think it will be a source of problems (see the keyboard bugs we have with SDL/Windows).

Fabrice.