qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Looking for an easy way to exchange data bidirectional

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Looking for an easy way to exchange data bidirectional between host and guest (including some suggestion)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:59:40 +0200

> 6) Run a FTP daemon on your host, and FTP to this from your guest.

I tried this one, since it looked the easiest.
I installed war-ftpd, which is working well inside the host.

I can now connect from the ftp guest (linux inside qemu), but no file
transfer is possible. Actually, even a "dir" does not work.

Yet, I can at least connect. I tested the ftpd functionality from the host,
all is ok. I can't figure out what is wrong, except somebody mentionned
recently you need 2 connections over slirp to do ftp, which is not
possible.

Now I need to look for a tftpd server for XP host...
Still investigating.

Thanks for the pointers on the tftp source. I'll look into it if the tftpd
xp host server does not work out.

Christian