qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Build environment image

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Build environment image
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:25:13 -0700

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 14:13 -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> "John R. Hogerhuis"
>
> > BTW, one problem with WIndows is that QEMU developers do not have access
> > to Windows licenses. Might be nice for non-programmers who want to
> > contribute to donate old licensed copies of Windows for testing work.
>
> Does the ReactOS build work well enough to do Mingw etc. development?

I can't say. But even if it were, I'd guess most here would rather work
under Unix-like OS.

> I know you were talking about testing etc., but I was thinking that way you
> could have a window'ish environment to do some of the building.
>
> You wouldn't have to do a linux cross compile which might introduce some
> other issues or mask some Win32 host build problem.

Nothing wrong with cross compiling, really. Get full power of any
necessary GNU utilities, editors, etc. in their "native environment."
The only trouble is getting mingw, library dependencies, etc. set up in
the first place, and having a standard build image or Live CD is one
possible solution to that problem.

-- John.