qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] tun/tap networking: patch for existing tun

From: Jean-Christian de Rivaz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] tun/tap networking: patch for existing tun
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 22:27:59 +0200

Jim C. Brown a écrit :
On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 07:50:29PM +0200, Jean-Christian de Rivaz wrote:

Is there any guideline about the network script ? Or should we add an option to let the choice to the user if the network script is called or not ?

--
Jean-Christian de Rivaz

If it's persistent, the device should already have been set up before qemu gets
its hands on it. Same goes for pre-created tuntaps that are passed via -tun-fd.
Only the tap devices that qemu creates need to be set up by qemu, which is the
only case where we have to have the network script.

Thanks a lot for this! :-)

If I haven't make a mistake, this is how my proposed patch work. If it don't work that way, please tell me to fix it.

--
Jean-Christian de Rivaz