qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Graphic card

From: Ricardo Almeida
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Graphic card
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:35:03 +0100

Hi,

I'm sure you got this asked over and over again, but I joined the list recently :o)

I've installed qemu+kemu on linux and installed windows XP on it. The graphic card is slow :( and it's not possible to see videos :(

1- Will it be possible to see videos when some day the graphic card code is enhanced?
2- Cirrus card is too slow/some other issue to see videos?
3- Why not implement some betther graphic card with 3d support like 3DFX Voodoo3 (I believe it was the first 3DFX that was also a graphic card and not just a 3d accelarator)?
4- Why not implement some Qemu special driver for common installed systems that names itself as a Cirrus driver but it's a vmware-like driver.

I believe (4) should be the fastest, but I think the best relation "work required - benefit" is (3) as it works faster off-the-shelf with all the operating systems...

Regards,
Ricardo Almeida