qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Graphic card

From: Ricardo Almeida
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Graphic card
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:01:45 +0000

Fast 3d and emultion does not mix that well.. the more advanced graphics
card you try to emulate the more complex (and also slower) the emulation
of that graphics card is.

As I said in my previous reply, 3D calls probably don't need to be emulated. Just as you don't have to emulate a x86 processor if you're running in one, you can specify that you can only emulate some 3D card if the real hardware have some OpenGL driver. That way you wouldn't be emulating them, just redirecting the calls..,

Regards,
Ricardo Almeida