qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] ACPI support

From: Shahar Livne
Subject: [Qemu-devel] ACPI support
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:39:43 +0200

Hi there,

I use qemu for development of embedded systems. Lately I had a need to check ACPI related kernel module, but I have seen that there isn't any support in the version 0.7.1 that I use.
I have checked also 0.7.2 and found no support.
A patch that I have found on www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/ for x86_64 by F.Navara seemed like close enough.
I have applied it (after adaptation, since it didn't go smooth for 0.7.1 or 0.7.2).

The system booted, but running dmesg | grep ACPI inside the embedded system on the qemu gave:

ACPI: RSDP (v000 QEMU                                                  ) @ 0x000e0000
ACPI: Invalid RSDT checksum
ACPI: Subsystem revision 20050211
ACPI: Interpreter disabled.

I use the i386 emulation, and the kernel running inside is 2.6.11

Has someone any experience with ACPI in qemu?

Thanks,

Shahar Livne
LivneX - Open Source Development and Services
http://livnex.com