qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GTK GUI for QEmu

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GTK GUI for QEmu
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:45:26 -0500

> - -the software scaler is maybe a good idea, but for fullscreen mode, I'd
> better like to have screen resolution switched to qemu guest resolution
> (as it is with normal qemu now)

The problem is that is really hard to do. Especially in a cross platform
manner.

I couldn't figure out how to scale it for full screen, but that was my original
plan. Another benefit of scaling is that you can resize the window without harm:
if the text is too small to read then just make the window bigger.

> - -sometimes the mouse can't be moved beyond some point on the guest
> screen... But I don't know when that happens and cannot really reproduce  it

I think I know what you're talking about. I had this problem with my gtk code
as well. This is because the host and guest pointers are not 'sync'ed, so when
the host mouse hits the edge of the screen, the guest pointer also halts (even
if it's not at the edge). GTK provides no way to fix this - basically you need
to test when the pointer is at the edge and warp it to the opposite side. But
this requires platform specific code (however I did write up the X and Windows
versions).

The cause of the problem becomes quite obvious if you don't make the host
pointer invisible when you grab the mouse.