qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch to OpenBIOS for Sparc32/64?

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch to OpenBIOS for Sparc32/64?
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 18:01:52 +0100

Au contraire,

It will positively.

Currently OHW is unable to load anything, and when it was able, Mac OS complained about the firmware not being able. However the Apple implementation of OF was very simple and incomplete until B&W G3, just enough to interpret the CHRP script in /System Folder/Mac OS ROM file, and load the binary data on it (the Mac OS nanokernel that emulates the toolbox, contains the 68 emulator, and links/loads the System and Finder.).

OpenBIOS is a far more complete OF implementation than Apple ones used to load Mac OS <= 9. Just it need to be able to read HFS partition, handle CUDA, ADB, other devices, and, it will be able to run a Mac OS.

If I'm wrong, Gwenole please correct me :p.

Regards