qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Pentium D with guest Ubuntu 6.06 server kernel panic wi

From: Joachim Henke
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Pentium D with guest Ubuntu 6.06 server kernel panic with kqemu
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:06:25 +0200

Yes, this patch was included, but it doesn't solve that problem. As this message [http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/ msg03972.html] states, the 'monitor' and the 'mwait' instructions have not been added. But your guest OS assumes them to be present, because your host cpu has the MONITOR flag set in CPUID.

Jo.

R. Armiento wrote:
The error looks very similar to the one reported here:
But I believe that reported issue should not appear in recent qemu, since SSE3 is now emulated (right?). (At least the patch in the end of that thread seems to already be included in the sources?)

So, my hypothesis is that there is some other feature that appears in my host CPUID, which the booting linux image tries to make use of, but which qemu does not emulate.

--
Joachim Henke
http://he-jo.net/