qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Config file support

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Config file support
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:29:52 +0100

On Monday 23 October 2006 21:01, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Sunday 22 October 2006 2:27 pm, Paul Brook wrote:
> > I've been considering a machine config file for a while, but haven't come
> > up with a coherent way of representing everything yet.
>
> Do you at least have a list of everything that needs to be represented?  (I
> have a list but am fairly certain it's not complete.)

Not really. I guess a generic key/value pair is sufficient for most things
(base address, model number, etc).

The trickier cases are where devices refer to each other: PCI, usb, IRQ lines,
DMA channels, etc. ie. anything where the existing _init function returns a
value.
I guess you could use the same key/value mechanism, and allow the value to be
an "object".

The really OTT method is to embed a python interpreter or something and do the
machine init that way. I'm not seriously suggesting that though.

Paul