qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Config file support

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Config file support
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:40:00 +0200

Hello,

maybe we should start with a collection of configuration options.
Of course, most command line options are configuration options,
but there are many more which are needed for special applications.
Different users of QEMU have quite different needs.

A simple example: I need to configure the names and load addresses of the
(PC) bios files - not only bios.bin and vgabios.bin or  vgabios-cirrus.bin.
Today, I have to modify QEMU's code and recompile...

After a while, we'll have collected enough interesting options, so
it will be easier to see how they might be structured and which
representation (XML, key/value list, shell script, ...) is suited best.

Could we use the Wiki (http://kidsquid.com/cgi-bin/moin.cgi)
to create a page where QEMU users can add their special
needs for configuration options?

Regards
Stefan