qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] config file support

From: K. Richard Pixley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] config file support
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:01:51 -0700

Rob Landley wrote:
What's the difference between a shell script to cover qemu and a
#!/bin/qemu config file?

The shell script works now, and you're proposing breaking it?

No, I'm not.  I'm genuinely asking about functional differences.
Am I missing any significant functionality differences?

So you'd have no trouble configuring kde's file type associations to open
arbitrary "*.img" files with qemu when you click on them if you couldn't do
this entirely from the command line?

I don't use kde.  And *.img is used for far too many file types to assume that this alone indicates that any foo.img is a qemu related file.

But yes, I could configure gnome to do this.  Or firefox.  It's pretty much trivial.  MacosX has file system metadata to help out so that it doesn't have to rely solely on the irrelevant file name suffixes.

--rich