qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] s390-dis.c license

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] s390-dis.c license
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:39:58 +0100

On 17/01/2008, Bill C. Riemers <address@hidden> wrote:
> According to section 9 of the GPL, you would only have to contact
> contributors for code which specified version 2 of the GPL and not later...

In order to relicense all of qemu, yes, plus contributors of
BSD-licensed code, of which there is much more than GPLv2-licensed.
But there's no reason to relicense qemu. AFAIK there's no problem
distributing qemu if it contains GPLv3, GPLv2 and BSD code just as
there was no problem until now with GPLv2 and BSD code. So I'm not
sure what this change helps.

Regards