qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] user emulation status?

From: michael
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] user emulation status?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 23:16:59 +0200

Hi,
Paul Brook wrote:
The kenrel/userspace interface for NPTL is actually very small. There's a few extra arguments to clone, TLS register handling and synchronization primitives.

The clone arguments are pretty much the same on all architectures. Variations tend to be minor tweaks to do with passing a large number of arguments to a syscall.
I change a little bit the qemu code for support nptl on the sh4. I try to send a patch for the clone system call in sh4 (maybe is wrong !?!) and a have a simple filesystem to doing test
on this architecture.
I may test nptl support for sh4 or contribute on it?

Regards Michael