qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] VNC Password

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: [Qemu-devel] VNC Password
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:24:38 +0300

Hi,

I use "-monitor stdio -vnc localhost:1" arguments to start qemu from
command line and connect to the related qemu instance using a vnc
viewer. Despite I know it's possible to use something like "-vnc
localhost:1,password=foo", I don't want to type password in the command
line. (Neither using "change vnc password" in the qemu command line is
very practical when you're starting related qemu instance as a daemon.)
How can I make vnc read password from a file?

BTW, is vnc option poorly documented or I'm missing something? I checked
this[1] and this[2] but none supplied a useful information.
Documentation pointers are welcome too.

Regards.

[1] http://bellard.org/qemu/qemu-doc.html
[2] http://calamari.reverse-dns.net:980/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/VNCusage