qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cutting a new QEMU release

From: Laurent Desnogues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cutting a new QEMU release
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:35:33 +0100

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Glauber Costa <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
>> What do people think?  TCG seems to be in a good place.  We've got virtio,
>> KVM, live migration, tons of new devices, bsd-user, etc.
>>
>> We could decide to cut one by the end of the month.  I'm already doing some
>> test work in QEMU so I can follow up with some more detailed notes about
>> what is working and what isn't working.  That gives us some time to decide
>> if there's anything we need to fix before a release.
>>
>> Regards,
>
> I'm totally for it.

So am I, but who will test user mode and more generally (user and system)
what is the test procedure?

For instance someone (Andzrej?) mentionned  ARM in system mode is half
slower than it was before TCG.  Also the ARM target needs some fixing.

Perhaps doing at least one release candidate to get feedback (and focus on
fixing reported bugs) would be appropriate.

Cheers,

Laurent