qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch: Adding ability for qemu-img to create SCSI VMwar

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch: Adding ability for qemu-img to create SCSI VMware disk images
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 11:41:28 -0500

Aaron Mason wrote:
Hi,

I needed to create a heap of virtual hard drives to practice creating RAID arrays. Since qemu-img only creates IDE images, creating a large number of images for this was a very cumbersome excercise. I compared a SCSI image to an IDE image, and the only difference is the adapter type. This patch adds command line parameters to qemu-img to specify either a BusLogic or LSI Logic image for 'create' and 'convert', and extends the 'info' command to show the adapter type. I have also updated the file qemu-img.text and the help output to display the new parameters, and put in a parameter that was missing.

The patch is as follows, and can be applied to 0.10.5 stable (and latest snapshot if qemu-img hasn't changed) with patch -Np1:

I don't think this functionality is very useful for QEMU because we don't emulate the same SCSI controller that VMware does.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori