qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Unclear committer situation

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Unclear committer situation
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:07:26 +0100

2009/12/2 Anthony Liguori <address@hidden>:
> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>>
>> Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

>>> And who can increase chances of getting committed for a scsi-related
>>> patch?
>>> I sent a patch on November, the 10th
>>> (http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/38100/),
>>> and it looks like it was just ignored.
>>>

>> Patch is line-wrapped (following your link to patchwork makes this
>> obvious).
>>
>> Note that the merge process can be quite silent.
>
> Actually, I provided this feedback for the first submission.  He resubmitted
> again with the same issue.

All you have said was "the patch is whitespace damaged". Does it mean
the same as
"Attaching everything as "application/octet-stream" is broken"? No.
There are multiple possible ways to be whitespace damaged. I assumed
the problem had to do with the tabs vs. spaces issue and asked a
question how to deal with that. Did anyone answer? No.
Blue suggested that you pointed out that one of new lines in the patch
was longer than 80 characters. I fixed it and re-submitted. Did anyone
say "still broken the same way"? No.
I didn't know that there are so many commiters that providing a two
sentences response is already a huge overhead for the maintainers.
Sorry.

Artyom

P.S. All my previous patches were also sent through gmail and
inlined+attached as "application/octet-stream". Somehow it didn't make
problems before.