qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Oct 19

From: Chris Wright
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Oct 19
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:29:16 -0700

* Anthony Liguori (address@hidden) wrote:
> The first step is just identifying what interfaces we need in a
> guest agent.  So far, I think we can get away with a very small
> number of interfaces (mainly read/write files, execute command).

Could you elaborate here?  I can't imagine you mean:

vm_system(target_vm, "shutdown -r now")

But from other post, it does seem you want complexity in the host side
not guest side of agent.

Seems vm_reboot(target_vm) as the RPC makes more sense with the guest
side implementing that in whatever guest-specific appropriate way.

thanks,
-chris