qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:25:26 +0100

On 19.10.2010, at 15:42, Wolfgang Mueller wrote:

               Call for Presentations
          1st International QEMU Users Forum

          March 18th, 2011, Grenoble, France

Deadlines:
Extended abstract   Nov 28th, 2010
Notification of acceptance Nov 30th, 2010

While I appreciate your efforts to organize this event, I would have preferred to see some coordination with the Qemu community before simply announcing an "official" Qemu event.

From what I gathered on your preliminary schedule (http://www.date-conference.com/date11-workshop-W8), the main focus of this event is SystemC integration. I'm not sure this is what I would call a "Users Forum". It sounds more like a want-to-be developer meeting to discuss integration aspects of other projects with Qemu.

This too is a noble goal, but from the announcement you might end up getting real end-users come to this event and be very disappointed, because they would like to hear about command line switches to virtualize on x86 hardware.

So in general, I would really like to see you coordinate better with qemu-devel before announcing something that could potentially work out bad for Qemu's reputation, even if it's meant with good intentions.

Thank You,

Alex