qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] TCG flow vs dyngen

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] TCG flow vs dyngen
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:29:37 +0000

2011/1/16 Stefano Bonifazi <address@hidden>:
> My workaround to this problem was compiling qemu-ppc as a dynamic library
> and load it at runtime.. I also managed to load multiple copies of it (with
> dlmopen each at a different address space) ..in fact I need to run more than
> one qemu-ppc at the same time

This approach seems very unlikely to work -- in general qemu in
both system and user mode assumes that there is only one
instance running in the host process address space, and things
are bound to clash. (Linux doesn't seem to have dlmopen but
google suggests that it puts the library in its own namespace
but not its own address space.) Running each qemu as its own
process and using interprocess communication for whatever
coordination you need between the various instances seems
more likely to be workable to me. This will also fix your "can't run
more than one binary in succession" problem, because you can
just have the first qemu run and exit as normal and launch a
second qemu to run the second binary.

-- PMM