qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Buildbot for qemu.git/master

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Buildbot for qemu.git/master
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 15:26:09 +0000

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 07.02.2011, at 15:36, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> This is great - thank you! I'll try to get some ppc and s390x VMs set up to
>>> run this. Do you have any plans to also integrate actual testing of the
>>> compiled code?
>>
>> Cool :).  Yes testing can be added after build.  Are there specific
>> automated tests you're thinking of?
>
> Nothing specific, just making sure that basic device emulation works and
> maybe try to run some linux-user binaries too.

Michael Roth recently posted the "qtest" patchset which begins to
enable device model testing:

It goes in the direction of making emulated devices (like AHCI)
testable without running an actual guest.  Your test code runs in a
native-code vcpu thread and can interact with the device model via
mmio, pio, DMA, and interrupts.

If you are interested please check out Michael's email thread on qtest.

Or if you meant tests that run small guests to check that networking,
disk, etc still work, then I think KVM-Autotest is what exists today.

Stefan