qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QAPI Merge Plans

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QAPI Merge Plans
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 14:54:53 -0600

Hi,

I've gotten my QAPI branch now functionally complete so I'm ready to start working on merging. I thought I'd send a note about my plans as both a heads up and to see if anyone had any suggestions.

My plan is to split everything up into three rounds. The first round will just be core infrastructure--the code generator, the new QMP server, the signal infrastructure, etc. This round will introduce a new command line option to expose the new QMP server (still chardev based).

Round two will consist of all of the 0.14 commands. Some new commands are also needed because some of the 0.14 commands are untestable without new QMP commands :-/

Finally, round three will include some of the new and potentially controversial bits like the new non-chardev based QMP server, default session and discovery, qsh tool, etc.

After these three rounds are merged, I'll then work on adding all of the new QMP commands to support a full HMP session.

I've tried to put a ton of information on the wiki that hopefully will give a good amount of background along with current status.

I expect the first round of patches to be on list this week.

http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/QAPI

Regards,

Anthony Liguori