qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: QAPI Merge Plans

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: QAPI Merge Plans
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 20:18:42 -0300

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 14:54:53 -0600
Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've gotten my QAPI branch now functionally complete so I'm ready to
> start working on merging.  I thought I'd send a note about my plans as
> both a heads up and to see if anyone had any suggestions.
>
> My plan is to split everything up into three rounds.  The first round
> will just be core infrastructure--the code generator, the new QMP
> server, the signal infrastructure, etc.  This round will introduce a new
> command line option to expose the new QMP server (still chardev based).

This means current-to-be-replaced infrastructure is still available? I'd
like to avoid having two (public) QMPs if possible, even temporary.

Btw, I've been maintaining a QMP tree but as this is a whole new thing,
I think that this can be directly merged on master as soon as you get the
(whatever needed) ACKs.