qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Dropping the MONITOR_CMD_ASYNC

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Dropping the MONITOR_CMD_ASYNC
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:23:22 -0600

On 12/11/2011 04:29 AM, Alon Levy wrote:
On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 05:45:44PM -0200, Luiz Capitulino wrote:
Hi there,

I'm about to completely drop the MONITOR_CMD_ASYNC API, but it turns out that
the command client_migrate_info uses it. That's a legacy interface and has to
be dropped, no command should be using it...

Something tells me that if I just drop it (and change the command to use the
regular interface), bad things will happen. Am I right? :)

The monitor command client_migrate_info needs to complete after getting

Then it's completely broken. CMD_ASYNC is broken and should have been removed a long time ago.

Unfortunately, we're going to have to remove this command until we can move to full QAPI. I see this went in through Gerd's tree:

commit edc5cb1a52b2847201acf78b0fba67ab3c2464d5