qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Target-agnostic virtio?

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Target-agnostic virtio?
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 23:31:29 +0200

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 04/27/2013 03:00:06 PM, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
>>
>> > For a lot of the 64-bit targets, actual 64 bit userspace support is
>> > strangely lacking. For ppc64 they say to use ppc32, and I've been told
>> > that
>> > about sparc64 as well. I don't know if this is an optimization or a
>> > requirement. I have a 32 bit image, I'd like to test the 64 bit
>> > codepaths as
>> > well...
>>
>> I guess it's rather an optimisation. At least I saw BusyBox working under
>> QEMU before the sparc v8plus was fixed.
>

> If you mean http://busybox.net/downloads/binaries/busybox-sparc that's a
> 32-bit binary output from the Aboriginal Linux build.

No, I mean busybox-static_1.18.4-2_sparc64.deb from the older Debian
distribution.
Meanwhile it's 1.20,
http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/pool-sparc64/main/b/busybox/busybox-static_1.20.0-8_sparc64.deb
but I only experimented with 1.18. Back then it was definitely a pure
64 bit application:

$  file busybox
busybox: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, SPARC V9, Sun UltraSPARC1
Extensions Required, relaxed memory ordering, version 1 (SYSV),
statically linked, for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped

HTH,
Artyom

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

linux/sparc and solaris/sparc under qemu blog:
http://tyom.blogspot.com/search/label/qemu