qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [pve-devel] QEMU LIve Migration - swap_free: Bad swap f

From: Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [pve-devel] QEMU LIve Migration - swap_free: Bad swap file entry
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:04:34 +0100

Hi,

Am 07.02.2014 13:44, schrieb Paolo Bonzini:
>>> google
>>>
>>> Hmm that's quite a fun set of differences; I think I'd like
>>> to understand whether the pattern is related to the pattern of what
>>> the test is doing.
>
> Stefan, can you try to reproduce it:

first of all i've now a memory image of a VM where i can reproduce it.
reproducing does NOT work if i boot the VM freshly i need to let it run
for some hours.

Then just when the migration finishes there is a short time frame where
the google stress app reports memory errors than when the migration
finishes it runs fine again.

It seems to me it is related to pause and unpause/resume?

> - with Unix migration between two QEMUs on the same host
now tested => same issue

> - with different hosts
already tested => same issue

> - with a different network (e.g. just a cross cable between two machines)
already tested => same issue

Greets,
Stefan