qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] live migration + licensing issue.

From: Anshul Makkar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] live migration + licensing issue.
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:50:06 +0200

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Markus Armbruster <address@hidden> wrote:
> ly, leaving your machine running on the source.

Hmm. Got the point.

But as I mentioned above if we have to use live vertical scaling on
qemu 2.0, then pc-model 1.0 won't help (as the dimm handling and bus
handling has changed in pc-model 2.0 and qemu2.0 uses this changed
model).  QEMU 2.0 will only go with pc-model 2.0 wrt to LVS. Am I
correct here ?

Does the only solution is to shutdown the VM, upgrade qemu and then
start with new QEMU and new PC model .

Anshul Makkar