qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MinGW build

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MinGW build
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 21:09:42 +0100

Am 27.11.2014 um 20:57 schrieb Liviu Ionescu:

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 21:34, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 27 November 2014 at 16:43, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> in qemu-common.h:
>>>
>>> #ifdef _WIN32
>>> #include "sysemu/os-win32.h"
>>> #endif
>>>
>>> #ifdef __MINGW32__
>>> #include "sysemu/os-win32.h"
>>> #endif
>>
>> Wait, so your mingw toolchain doesn't define _WIN32 ??
>> That seems likely to break a lot of other code that does
>> ifdef checks on _WIN32.
>
> good point!
>
> I removed the second #ifdef, and the build passed.
>
> but the countless warnings are still there :-(
>

> regards,
>
> Liviu

The countless warnings are "normal" because you use MinGW which is
unmaintained since several years.

There is a better alternative: use Mingw-w64. It compiles QEMU (*nearly)
without warnings, solves the ffs problem and has the additional benefit
that it supports both 32 bit and 64 bit builds.

Maybe we should drop MinGW support completely...

Cheers
Stefan

*nearly means that there are still warnings for format strings in C++
code. You won't see them if you don't install a C++ compiler, but as you
are interested in ARM and the C++ code is needed for the ARM
disassembler, you might want it.