qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Did we lose monitor commands pci_add, pci_del?

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Did we lose monitor commands pci_add, pci_del?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 08:57:04 +0100

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

> On 15 February 2015 at 03:02, David Gibson <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Godammit.  Have I mentioned lately how much it pisses me off that we
>> have various config symbols and it's never clear which ones make it
>> into C and which are only in make.
>
> That does seem confusing. Is there a reason we can't have a
> config-devices.h which gets created from config-devices.mak?

Newsflash: homespun configuration system confusing, film at eleven.

(Autoconf is also confusing, but at least it's the same confusion
everywhere)

Back to serious: patching configure to make sure all the CONFIG_ make
variables make it into header files sounds good to me.

With #ifdef tests, forgetting to include the header switches things off.
A single header makes guarding against that mistake easier: every .c
needs to include it first, check with grep.