qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Yet another git submodule rant

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Yet another git submodule rant
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 11:53:32 +0100

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 10:57:21AM +0100, Thomas Huth wrote:

> That automatic git submodule stuff now broke my workflow again. I
> usually keep the git repository on my laptop and then simply rsync the
> sources (without .git directories) to my target machine to compile it
> there.

How about excluding all files listed in .gitignore from rsync?  Which I
guess would be a good idea anyway because you don't want sync over the
build artifacts to the target machine if you want compile there.  Might
be as simple as "rsync --exclude-from .gitignore" (didn't test though).

Or syncronize using git instead of rsync.  This is what I am doing.

cheers,
  Gerd