Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu with kvm does not work, without kvm works

From: peeyush Agrawal
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu with kvm does not work, without kvm works
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:55:38 +0530

Thanks for taking interest in this.

Yet i checked all these things beforehand
* /dev/kvm exists
* I ran everything as sudo user, so there is no problem of not able to read-write to/from /dev/kvm
* lsmod | grep kvm, lists both kvm and kvm-intel.
* surprising there is no error on output and even nothing on dmesg output
* I am using qemu-0.15.x, I also tried with older 0.12 and newer 1.0.x, but same thing everytime.
* distro is ubuntu-11.10, but it came with newer linux kernel 2.6.32, which i removed ( because it does not boots on efi shell due to some unknown incompatibility and 2.6.29 boots )
   So changing kernel version is ruled out in this situation, due to efi shell.

Any lead will be appreciated. :-)
.