[Qemu-discuss] qemu with kvm does not work, without kvm works

From: peeyush Agrawal
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] qemu with kvm does not work, without kvm works
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 23:17:25 +0530

Hi,
  I changed kernel of my system ( from 2.6.32 to 2.6.29 ) due to some reason. I also put modules at appropriate location ( /lib/modules/`uname -r`). But problem is :

  when I run "qemu --enable-kvm --kernel vmlinuz" it does not boot, while "qemu --kernel vmlinuz" does boot.
( I have loaded kvm and kvm-intel using modprobe already ). surprising I am not able to see any dmesg or loading error. By does not boot I meant does not even show first kernel message and hangs on the starting screen. While without "--enable-kvm" everything is perfect.
  Then I put the kernel headers (asm, asm-generic, mtd, ... ,...) in /usr/include/ then also it does not work.

If anyone has faced similar situation or has any clue to proceed then do let me know.

--

Peeyush Agrawal.
Graduate Student